Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Strength and Weakness ICT for Learning


A             : “Hi, what are you doing?”
B             : “Hi, I’m looking for my flash disk. I want to scan it because there are a lot of computer viruses    inside.”
A             : “Is there any important data?”
B             : “Yeah, some …”
A             : “Oh God! Where did you use it before?”
B             : “I used it when I attended in ICT class yesterday.”
A             : “Oh I see. Your flash disk has already contaminated computer virus from the campus computer. That’s one of some weakness ICT for learning process. Everyone use the computer and they transfer data every time. So the virus can easily contaminate the computer.”
B             : “Yeah, but there are also some strength with using ICT for learning process. For example, the communication between student and teacher can be easier with e-mail or chat in chat room. Students also feel happier and fun when they use computer as a tool in learning process. Then, learning process can be more effective and efficient. Student also can reach material fast and cheaper.  Virus is a problem for every computer so we can solve it with installing antivirus which has high protection.”
A             : “it can be. But don’t you think the student just use ICT for useless things like chatting, or updating their facebook or twitter account. I mean when the teacher explain about the material, they don’t focus on the teacher’s explanation but they open their facebook and twitter account.”
B             : “in that side, I’m in the same line with you. In my opinion, the teacher should be more careful about the students or the teacher can give once or twice free time to open whatever website that students want.”
A             : “Another problem is sometimes the internet connection take a long time to connect the server because there are too many student use the internet at the same time. It makes the learning process interrupted.”
B             : “I think campus should add more power in internet connection to solve this problem. Ok, stop for this chit chat. Could you help me to find my flash disk?”
A             : “It’s ok.”
B             : “Thank you so much.”

No comments:

Post a Comment